We appreciate the time some of you have already taken to review this new feature and provide us with your feedback. Your feedback is vital to helping us continually improve your experience with Waterford. Some of the feedback we’ve received so far in this early release is already being considered for the start of the school year 2017-2018. Here are some examples:
- How do I improve my dashboard load time?
Load time can be affected by a lot of factors, including Internet connectivity and the number of students for which your school or district is pulling data. On our end, some improvements are being made with each release to make incremental gains in speed. We are also actively working on additional improvements in this area for the back-to-school time frame.
- Why are my district and school dashboards all red?
Usage goals were set to the default Waterford recommendation of 5 days per week and 15 or 30 minutes per day; these may be higher than your district’s goals, meaning your students are showing up as “red,” or underperforming. Use the enhanced usage goals feature in the settings page to input your district’s own goals! Changes to the usage goals will not affect the existing reports, so please take this opportunity to see how powerful these settings can be. Dashboard calculations take place overnight, so changes to the usage goals aren’t reflected until the next day. You can make adjustments as often as necessary. We are also considering adjusting the red, yellow, and green thresholds to more evenly distribute them.
- Can we remove days that students are not in school?
This is on our list of enhancements we will be including for the back to school time frame.
More feedback being considered for the near future:
- Can we sort our dashboard alphabetically, or by lowest performing to highest? We are reviewing this with our team to see if it can be included in a future release.
- Can we filter our dashboard by specific demographic information such as gender, race, poverty level, or at-risk indicators? Yes this is possible, and it is on the list of enhancements we want to make in the very near future.
- Could benchmarks be added to some of the dashlets to show us where our students should be? Yes, this is in the works and will be added to the dashboards in the near future.
- Can I see the details of the data from a single dashlet in the dashboard? Drill down capabilities currently exist on all levels of the dashboard. Future releases will provide direct links to more granular reports.
- Can I print or export the data from the dashboards? This is on our list of enhancements we will be including in the near future.
Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or comments, and please keep the great feedback coming!