Would you like to:
- Travel the country?
- Experience a different working environment every day?
- Interact and work with a diverse group of colleagues?
- Work for a service-focused nonprofit organization?
- Learn how technology can provide a highly individualized, one-on-one learning experience that promotes early literacy?
- Gain an understanding of the importance and impact of early education?
- Meet and interact with program participants and see the difference Waterford UPSTART can make in the lives of children?
If this sounds appealing to you, come join our Waterford UPSTART team!
Waterford.org seeks to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners.
Waterford UPSTART is a free in-home, technology-based kindergarten readiness program. The program has served more than 60,000 families across the nation and gets high satisfaction and approval marks from parents (visit www.waterfordupstart.org for more information).
The Waterford UPSTART program is rapidly expanding, and we need your help! We’re looking for outgoing, motivated, committed, and driven individuals to join our seasonal crew as we travel the country during the summer and fall of 2019. As a member of our seasonal crew you will get the chance to interact face to face with our participants as we conduct both graduation and training events where we will assess children, celebrate their accomplishments, and train incoming participants on the program. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Able to converse with parents and children in a highly interactive environment
- Confident, outgoing, and personable with excellent public speaking and presenting skills
- Detail-oriented, responsible, and capable of following complex processes
- Fluent in both Spanish and English (speaking Spanish is not required, but is a plus)
- Willing to work long hours including frequent trips and weekends
Position starts June 3rd and ends October 31st. Applicants must be able to commit to stay for the duration of the project. All travel expenses will be covered (flights, hotels, vehicles, meals, etc,). Work schedules will vary from week to week. Hours range from 40-50 hours/week (Mon-Sun) with overtime. Some physical labor is required, 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion (moving event supplies, loading vehicles, set-up/take-down, etc.). Early applications have priority. Positions open until filled.
To apply, please email a one-page resume and cover letter to Brooke Hussey, Waterford UPSTART Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org