Waterford.org seeks to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners.
Waterford UPSTART is an in-home, technology-based kindergarten readiness program. The program has served more than 60,000 families across the nation and gets high satisfaction and approval marks from parents (visit www.waterfordupstart.org for more information).
UPSTART Event Representatives will have the opportunity to lead teams as we travel the country hosting Waterford UPSTART graduation and training events. At these events, our staff will interact with families face to face celebrating the accomplishments of prior participants, training new incoming participants, and administrating assessments to children. Our ideal candidate is outgoing, has strong leadership skills, and has the flexibility to travel frequently!
Role requirements and competencies
- Communication proficiency, both written and verbal
- Customer focus and professionalism
- Strong organizational skills and good time management
- Demonstrate ability to supervise teams
- Ability to manage large projects
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Successfully run Waterford UPSTART graduation and training events in various locations across the country.
- Support travel plans and follow trip itineraries.
- Track all equipment/luggage in transit and resolve any issues quickly.
- Take responsibility for the outcome of each event and the satisfaction of each participant.
- Must have strong public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to train families.
- Must be able to host an event and engage large crowds
- Must be well organized and have great attention to detail in order to access important information quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate professionally within our department, with other departments, and with parents and vendor partners.
- Must be capable of taking on a leadership role.
- Must be driven, proactive, and always looking to do whatever it takes to ensure each event runs smoothly and all tasks are completed.
- Must be passionate about and invested in creating better, more efficient processes to improve events and participant experience.
- Assist with the onboarding and training of seasonal staff.
- Take on additional special project responsibilities as requested by the UPSTART Events Manager.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (moving event supplies, loading vehicles, event set-up/take-down, etc.)
- Work well with large crowds
Position type and expected hours of work
- Full time 40 hr/week position, with overtime
- Hours and schedule will vary week to week
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as requested
- Ability to work overtime as requested
- Willing and able to modify work shift according to company needs
- Ability to commit to frequent travel
- Heavy travel months are May – November
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
Required education and expertise
- High School Diploma or equivalent