We are seeking a new member of the Finance team to help us support the continued growth and impact of Waterford. The best candidate will be experienced, detail-oriented Senior Manager of Financial Systems, Planning, & Analysis to join our growing organization.
Experience and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain financial systems processing schedule, produce annual operations calendar to distribute to system users. Prepare financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis and deliver recommendations, or reports, which address existing, or potential trouble of the financial systems.
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes, Financial Information System knowledge and Liaise with the Information Technology team and coordinate system modifications and updates. Support to maintain, develop and oversee Financial Information System internal controls.
- Create efficiencies by evaluating business processes, recommending improvements, and identifying new opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes and proper documentation of all accounting related matters and application of related controls
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency and document systems policies and standards and support system users. Process/system improvement (specifically around accounts payable and expense management)
- Understand database, suggest changes to database elements and transfer financial or budget information. Determine and correct errors in transaction processing and accounting. Resolve financial system problems, train and support office staff and system users
- Liaise with Human Resources on HR/Payroll Information System. Support Controller with projects, audits, and reports. Producing financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special accounting projects
- Creation of new financial reports, metric reports, and dashboards through reporting applications, VENA Solutions experience a plus
- Collaborate in the design, planning, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing financial systems and new applications
We would like this position to be the Subject Matter Expert for all our information systems within the finance purview. This will put you at the center of making sure we can do what we want to do as an organization. In this role, you will partner with the Controller to implement new systems and processes wherever identified and you will own the on-going management of these systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and at least 5 years of experience
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Proficiency with NetSuite accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
For questions or to apply, please send resume to: Waterfordcareers@gmail.com
Waterford.org seeks to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships with parents, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners. Waterford UPSTART delivers on this mission by:
- Connecting with families
- Promoting child’s usage of the Waterford UPSTART curriculum
- Providing regular updates on their child’s progress with the program