We are seeking a new member of the Finance team to help us support the continued growth and impact of Waterford. We would like this position to be the Subject Matter Expert for all our information systems within the finance purview. This will put you at the center of making sure we can do what we want to do as an organization. In this role, you will partner with the Controller to implement new systems and processes wherever identified and you will own the on-going management of these systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing accounting and financial analysis, prepare and analyze financial reports, prepare journal entries, maintain ledger accounts, implementing and maintaining a combination of accounting and reporting systems; and other special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis.
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes.
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency.
- Assist month-end/year-end close processes.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Ensure proper documentation of all accounting related matters and application of related controls.
- Maintain Financial Information System knowledge.
- Develop and document systems policies and standards and support system users.
- Liaise with the Information Technology team and coordinate system modifications and updates.
- Support to maintain, develop and oversee Financial Information System internal controls.
- Determine and correct errors in transaction processing and accounting.
- Resolve financial system problems, train and support office staff and system users.
- Maintain financial systems processing schedule, produce annual operations calendar to distribute to system users.
- Liaise with Human Resources on HR/Payroll Information System.
- Understand database, suggest changes to database elements and transfer financial or budget information.
- Support Controller with projects, audits, and reports.
- Producing financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special accounting projects
- Process/system improvement (specifically around accounts payable and expense management).
- Identify and implement automation opportunities within accounting system.
- Creation of new financial reports, metric reports, and dashboards through reporting applications, VENA Solutions experience a plus.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Collaborate in the design, planning, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing financial systems and new applications.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to support buying efforts and to justify recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver recommendations, or reports, which address existing, or potential trouble of the financial systems.
- Create efficiencies by evaluating business processes, recommending improvements, and identifying new opportunities.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and at least 5 years of experience
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Proficiency with NetSuite accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting
- Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team player.
We operate as a service provider to the rest of the organization and our external partner network. They are our customers and we strive to partner in a positive way to help them and the organization as a whole to achieve their goals. We all work together collaboratively in an environment which fosters teamwork and no job is too big or too small for any one member to participate in. We want to help you achieve your own personal goals with us and will do our best to help enhance your career whether that will be with us (which is our preference) or elsewhere.
For questions or to apply, email email@example.com