We are seeking a new member of the Finance team to help us support the continued growth and impact of Waterford. We would like this position to be the Subject Matter Expert for all our information systems within the finance purview. This will put you at the center of making sure we can do what we want to do as an organization. In this role, you will partner with the Controller to implement new systems and processes wherever identified, and you will own the on-going management of these systems.
Experience and Responsibilities:
Implementing and maintaining a combination of accounting and reporting systems; and other special projects as assigned. Develop procedures to improve efficiency and liaise with the Information Technology team and coordinate system modifications and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field and at least 5 years of experience
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills; Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Proficiency with NetSuite accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team player.
Waterford.org is a nonprofit education partner that has a mission to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners.
For information or to apply, please email your resume with Financial Analyst /Senior Accountant in the subject line to: Waterfordcareers@gmail.com