The research and evaluation team focuses on researching different computer interaction and assessment models in relation to children’s cognitive abilities. The Research assistant will perform data analysis and generate statistical reports and graphs using a variety of software programs. This person will conduct research studies to determine the effectiveness of educational lessons and assessments. This position requires flexibility and a willingness to accommodate changing priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex statistical analyses with software programs such as SPSS and R.
- Create detailed reports for customers.
- Document and describe analyses and results.
- Perform item analysis, IRT calibrations, and validity and reliability studies.
- Design research projects and help complete them while partnering with school districts.
- Conduct literature reviews and write summaries of the literature.
- Present findings at technology and education conferences.
- Perform duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Travel as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Background knowledge of education.
- Knowledge of Excel as well as SPSS or R.
- Thorough knowledge of statistics.
- Someone who thrives without tight supervision.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- The ability to understand difficult concepts and research findings.
Essential Education and Experience:
- B.A/M.A. in educational research, assessment, statistics; psychology; early childhood education/development; or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and measurement principles and solid research skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale studies.
- Knowledge of educational measurement principles including validity and reliability, estimation, and IRT is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
For questions or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org