We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate programs and large-scale activities within our organization. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience working cross-functionally to produce results in a timely manner. This is a “hands-on” position – there are no direct reports, and the ability to manage and lead teams in a matrix-style structure is critical for success
Experience and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead point of contact with clients in successful project delivery and implementation.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects.
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives for successful project delivery.
- Coordinate cross-project activities and Indirectly lead and evaluate internal project managers and other staff across various departments.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding project status, issues, and decisions.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management. Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI.
- Assume responsibility for the activities of external program partners.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and timely reports of program status for executive staff and other internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Education Required:
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques, methods, and performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Experience in demonstrating versatility and adaptability to creatively problem solve.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills and ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to translate stated requirements into actionable tasks.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- BS/BA diploma or similar work experience in management or a relevant field; MS/MA is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is a strong advantage.
In this role, you will foster the operational relationship with large clients, such as state and local school organizations and philanthropic partners and guide internal project teams in the successful execution and implementation of contractual deliverables. As this is a new role within Waterford.org, you will have the opportunity to assist in developing efficient strategies and tactics to ensure projects are delivered with high fidelity, on time and on budget.
Waterford.org seeks to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships with parents, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners. Waterford UPSTART delivers on this mission by:
- Connecting with families.
- Promoting child’s usage of the Waterford UPSTART curriculum.
- Providing regular updates on their child’s progress with the program.
For questions or to apply, email email@example.com