If you’re passionate about positively impacting children by providing life-changing access to educational resources and technology to all learners – inner-city, rural, low-income, special education students, dual-language learners, and more – then we want to discuss this opening with you.
Waterford.org is a nonprofit education partner that has a mission to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners.
At Waterford.org, how we work matters, not just what we accomplish.
- We reward passion and curiosity with opportunity.
- We blend individuals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets into empowered, high-performing teams.
- We move fast, measure results, and improve from experience.
- We positively transform the lives of our employees and of the educators, learners and families we serve.
Our programs are backed by substantial research and are proven to help students succeed in school. As an organization, Waterford has more than doubled in size over the last three years and was recently awarded another five-year UPSTART contract in Utah, an EIR Expansion Grant, and participation in the prestigious Audacious Project (TED) to further expand our kindergarten readiness program to more families in their homes. Waterford software and professional services also support more than 200,000 students in elementary schools throughout the United States.
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to report to our new Chief People Officer and help us make Waterford not just a great place to work, but a transformative life experience. We are ready for someone to help us blend the ingredients for success that are already in place and build / enhance a company culture, work environment and employee experience worthy of our important mission. This is also a chance for an HR professional to deepen and broaden her/his experience in growing company that can be a stepping stone to future specialization and/or career growth.
- Help to define and implement recruitment strategies, including representing the organization to potential new employees in effective and compelling ways
- Manage the details of the recruiting and new hire process including position requisitions, posting, screening, offer and onboarding while assisting and guiding hiring managers as necessary
- Facilitate new hire orientations and act as an ongoing point person for employees in answering questions regarding personnel policies and procedures
- Assist employee with benefit claim issues, leave of absence requests, status changes, and perform other related duties
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the HR field, specifically as a generalist, recruiter, or benefits specialist
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification, preferred
- While every individual has the capacity for growth at every stage of life, childhood academic experiences are uniquely critical for setting a lifetime learning trajectory.
- The thoughtfully coordinated support of parents, teachers, and other mentors gives students the ambition and resilience they need to reach their full potential.
- Learning is intrinsically motivating, and it is accelerated when properly matched to an individual’s needs and interests.
- Effective approaches for teaching and learning are best identified by research that is rigorous, iterative, and pragmatic.
- Rapid advancements in technology will continue to increase the precision, adaptivity, and availability of high-quality learning programs, and these innovations offer hope that all individuals can receive excellence and equity in education.
- Policymakers, philanthropists, and others who have the power to make proven, cost-effective educational solutions available to those in need have an urgent responsibility to do so.