The Waterford UPSTART School Relations Specialist contributes to the organization through ongoing consulting and support in the classroom, leading to a successful and sustainable implementation of Waterford education solutions. The School Relations Specialist provides consistent and ongoing best practice advocacy and support through work with instructional leaders, teachers, and administrators to build capacity and empowerment.
Experience and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Positive relationships with colleagues and clients. Demonstrated ability to build strong cross- functional relationships.
2. Strong organizational skills and good time management. Must be driven, always looking to do whatever it takes to meet goals and deadlines with accuracy and accountability. Take on additional special project responsibilities as requested by leadership team.
3. Must be passionate about and invested in creating a better, more efficient process to improve the end-user experience. Demonstrated focus on customer service.
4. Employ informed and honest verbal and written communication.
5. Delivers family engagement workshops on best practices to support child’s learning in the home.
6. Problem-solving and organizational skills, and the ability to take ownership of any situation.
7. Collects and evaluates summative data annually; share action plan with teachers. Provides
instructions and strategies for reviewing data from Reports to help educators drive classroom instruction. Measures and evaluates progress against the implementation plan and goals with site and district leaders.
8. Creates and facilitates customized professional development for district and individual sites.
9. Supports ongoing questions and collaborative exchanges with teachers and other district users
through onsite visits, email, video conferencing, and phone calls.
10. Attends district events as requested, such as Parent Nights, conferences, school meetings as
Skills and Education Required:
• Prior teaching experience preferred.
• Experience mentoring, coaching teachers and/or leaders.
• Basic understanding of school district technology environments and product
• Expertise with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• State-wide travel is required.
• Minimum 4-year college degree.