The primary responsibility of a Family Education Liaison (FEL) is to develop strong relationships with Waterford UPSTART parents through meaningful, regular, and value-add conversations, primarily via phone calls. Whether it’s monitoring the progress of the child and giving feedback to the parent or just a check-in, our FELs support the success of the parent and the child.
Experience and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with your families on a weekly schedule and create a supportive relationship with your assigned families from enrollment to graduation.
- Manage software usage and family profiles using an online management system.
- Respond to incoming phone calls regarding program information, usage and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via phone and email.
- Strong active listening skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organizational skills/ability to multitask and manage time effectively
Skills and Education Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Keyboard at least 40 WPM
- Basic experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Early childhood education experience a plus
- Experience providing customer service and working in team environments
- Goal driven
Waterford.org seeks to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships with parents, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners. Waterford UPSTART delivers on this mission by
● Connecting with families
● Promoting child’s usage of the Waterford UPSTART curriculum
● Providing regular updates on their child’s progress with the program