If you’re passionate about positively impacting children by providing life-changing access to educational resources and technology to all learners – inner-city, rural, low-income, special education students, dual-language learners, and more – then we want to discuss this opening with you.Waterford.org is a nonprofit education partner that has a mission to blend the best aspects of learning science, mentoring relationships, and innovative technologies to form community, school, and home programs that deliver excellence and equity for all learners.
At Waterford.org, how we work matters, not just what we accomplish:
- We reward passion and curiosity with opportunity.
- We blend individuals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets into empowered, high-performing teams.
- We move fast, measure results, and improve from experience.
- We positively transform the lives of our employees and of the educators, learners and families we serve.
Our programs are backed by substantial research and are proven to help students succeed in school. As an organization, Waterford has more than doubled in size over the last three years and was recently awarded another five-year UPSTART contract in Utah, an EIR Expansion Grant, and participation in the prestigious Audacious Project (TED) to further expand our kindergarten readiness program to more families in their homes. Waterford software and professional services also support more than 200,000 students in elementary schools throughout the United States.
We are seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition & Development to report to the Chief People Officer and help us make Waterford not just a great place to work, but a transformative life experience. We are ready for someone to help us blend the ingredients for success that are already in place and build / enhance a company culture, work environment and employee experience worthy of our important mission. This position will focus on building creative pipeline and sourcing strategies, as well as effective methods for enhancing and recognizing the outstanding performance of our employees. This is a “hands on” position, not only requiring someone with a forward-looking, strategic perspective, but someone that is also willing to get “down in the weeds”. This position may also require some travel to applicable events.
- Creates and aligns talent acquisition strategies to the demands of the business and individual departments.
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Identifies and manages new sourcing strategies through a variety of channels, including social media, online job boards, associations, events, etc.
- Manages, leverages, and challenges existing recruiting strategies, methods, and systems to generate a proactive and efficient approach to sourcing, assessing, and on-boarding qualified talent.
- Responsible for establishing a framework for workforce planning that other executives and leaders can leverage for a more consistent, structured, forward-looking approach to identify our talent needs.
- Manage all aspects of the hiring process: Position requisitions, reference checks, job descriptions, offer letters, ATS selection & configuration, onboarding, etc.
- Develop a set of KPIs to monitor the performance of the talent acquisition and management functions.
- Be the “face” of Waterford.org at external recruiting events.
- Collaborate with managers and department heads to identify and then strategize training and development opportunities for employees.
- Conduct necessary training/development needs assessments and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Research and select appropriate 3rd party training resources.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Implement, manage and maintain a performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Assist managers in aligning individual, group, and department goals with company objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the HR field, specifically as a Director, HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition Specialist, HR Generalist specializing in recruiting and/or employee development, or a combination of any of the above.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification, preferred
- Recent experience recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Experience in working with and implementing applicant tracking systems.
- While every individual has the capacity for growth at every stage of life, childhood academic experiences are uniquely critical for setting a lifetime learning trajectory.
- The thoughtfully coordinated support of parents, teachers, and other mentors gives students the ambition and resilience they need to reach their full potential.
- Learning is intrinsically motivating, and it is accelerated when properly matched to an individual’s needs and interests.
- Effective approaches for teaching and learning are best identified by research that is rigorous, iterative, and pragmatic.
- Rapid advancements in technology will continue to increase the precision, adaptivity, and availability of high-quality learning programs, and these innovations offer hope that all individuals can receive excellence and equity in education.
- Policymakers, philanthropists, and others who have the power to make proven, cost-effective educational solutions available to those in need have an urgent responsibility to do so.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.